...a place to illuminate one's creative potential.

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Keep calm and roll on!

I am working on a new little project.  I love quotes and mantras and need to be reminded of them often. I thought I could use a little rolodex file to write quotes on and do some little illustrations for each one.  This is a mini rolodex.  Each card is a little smaller than a business card.  I painted and collaged the frame first.  I glued two cards together to make them a little thicker.  I decorated one side and then flipped it over to write. The little sayings I've collected keep me calm and focused when I see then. I can roll the rolodex each day and have a new perspective with each turn.






7 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS!!!! i absolutely LOVE this!!! everything you touch and think turns to absolute gold!!! we need a teaching-inspired one in each prof. area for morale!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an inspiration! Amazing talent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such an inspiration! Amazing talent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's fab!! I've just started swapping rolodex cards like ATCs and bought a rolodex - need to decorate it but have been putting it off - this have given me a push to get it done!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this mini rolodex! You decorated it so cute. Have been wanting to do this for a long time. You have inspired me to go look for a rolodex. Thank you. I have just found your web site and have marked it as a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic idea!Charming and fun, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable. Love the bright colors. What size are the cards?

    ReplyDelete