...a place to illuminate one's creative potential.

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Chunky heart necklaces

I started playing around with some scraps of gelli printed papers, and some heart punches, hoping to piece together a "mini" mixed media piece on some chunky wooden hearts.  I turned the two pictured into necklaces by drilling a small hole and using leather cording.  I can't decide if I like the bead or just a knot to hold the heart in the right position for wearing.  Which do you like?  Would you wear one if you found one in your Valentine box?! :)




10 comments:

  1. These are so cool! How could you not want to wear one of these?! I know I would! You do such wonderfully creative things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What delightful hearts. Beautiful colors and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are lovely!!! i like the bead. it adds just a little more character. you are just TOO good!!! love! love! love! everything you do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are so pretty! i like both looks - with or without the bead. the bead just adds a little more to it. but the hearts themselves are gorgeous. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you explain what you used and your process. These are wood? I am a teacher and would love to do this activity with students for a winter carnival event. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it with the bead! It just so happens that I am making thumbprint hearts today with my granddaughter with clay, but I think this project would be a good follow up!! Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is truly a great and helpful piece of information.
    I am satisfied that you simply shared this useful information with us.
    Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing. I know something information, to know you can click here
    Daily Boutique Deals

    ReplyDelete