...a place to illuminate one's creative potential.

Friday, August 26, 2011

New shoes and a new goal!

New shoes can be so empowering! 
 As a kid, I thought I would be able to run faster and jump higher with new tennis shoes on.  That is the same feeling I get to this day when I get new tennis shoes!  Going to the athletic store, looking for a snazzy color on the swoosh, opening the box to reveal the pristine clean....they just seem to come with a second chance (I am probably on my 200th chance) to live a healthy lifestyle.  I had made a real effort lasts spring to fulfill one of my deepest desires, to run.  Not run to the store, or run by the bank, or run errands but run in a 5k and maybe longer marathons.  I bought shoes, socks, clothing, and a nice watch for runners.  I worked up to run 4 minutes, walk 1 minute for a total time of 35 minutes.  It was getting easier and I felt great afterwards.  I tweaked a knee, rested for awhile, summer came with intense heat, and you can probably see were this is heading!  I just stopped.  Why do we do this?  I know I am not the only one!  Why do we make a commitment to live healthier lives and then let it fall by the way side?

Me and my new shoes are recommiting to that 5k training!
Maddie.. I am going to match your 240 miles! 


These shoes were picked through a computerized fitting at
 Try Sports.


Traditional laces were replaced with no tie Yanks!



1 comment:

  1. I got new shoes this week, too! I've worn them every day to walk--I even ran a little bit, too. I sometimes wish I was a runner, also. My husband is. He is very dedicated (or maybe crazy). On week days, he runs at 3:30 a.m. so he can still leave for work on time.

    ReplyDelete