...a place to illuminate one's creative potential.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Chalked up a treasure!

I went out treasure hunting to several antique malls this week.  I brought home a four tiered lazy susan that was all brown wood.  From what I researched, it's a Hawaiin monkey pod product.  I had seen a similar one to it in another antique mall and wanted to buy it but it was way out of my cheap price range!
The one I brought home was  a 10th of the price!  It is actually five individual pieces.  I was not sure what I would do with it but I knew it had potential!  I sanded each part, sprayed them with flat white spray paint, distressed with a fine sponge sanding block, and then used a spray wax.  I let the wax soak in 3 minutes and then buffed them with a clean cloth.  After I saw the finished product, I thought it might work in a the bathroom!  Here are the pics so far.  It needs a few more things to flesh it out.




No comments:

Post a Comment