...a place to illuminate one's creative potential.

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Cling stamp trick!

I do not own very many cling style stamps.  I much prefer the traditional wood block rubber stamps.  But every now and then I come across a cling stamp that I really like and I am willing to buy with a 40% coupon!  I love mason jars...I have three different mason jar wood block stamps and a mason jar die cut.  I loved the jar style and shape of this cling stamp I saw at HL this afternoon.  All stamps were 40% off this week, so it flung itself into my buggy!  When I got home I realized that I did not have an acrylic block big enough to use it.  My husband ran down stairs and came back with this sample flooring block from HD. It is highly polyurethaned on one side so the cling stamp did what it is meant to do....it clinged!  My husband says that these pieces are free in the flooring section. (Kind of like the paint chip cards are free.)  He says that he usually picks up one or two when he is in there and uses them for all kinds of little projects in his wood shop.  This was a perfect solution for me since I don't have very many cling stamps.  You could even use them to spell out longer words than will sometimes fit on the acrylic blocks.  Off to play with my new mason jar images!






1 comment:

  1. I am gonna give it a try.
    I have the cling stamps and I also have the flooring samples....thanks, Lucy!

    ReplyDelete