...a place to illuminate one's creative potential.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Experimenting with a Gelli Plate!

Saw a tutorial on Pinterst, and an article in Art Journaling magazine on using a Gelli Plate to do monoprinting as backgrounds in art journals.  Had to find one!  Thought I was going to have to order one until I came across a new shop!  I stumbled upon Donna Downey Studio in Huntersville, NC.  Oh, I can't believe this place has been in my own back yard and I am just now discovering this fantastic shop!
 Go Get a Gelli Plate! I had hours of fun playing with this product!  I have several new journal pages out of the experimenting.
I used cheap craft paints, rubber stamps, and stencils to get the layered effects in these pages.


I have also been trying out the washi tapes lately.  They are way to easy for adding a bit of pattern really quickly.

 Donna's shop is a store, gallery, and classroom!  Well worth a stop if you live in the Charlotte or surrounding areas in NC!

No comments:

Post a Comment