...a place to illuminate one's creative potential.

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Paper preserves

Made a little trip into Charlotte yesterday....Pottery Barn, j.jill, and Paper Source all provided the eye candy I needed to churn the creative juices today!


Paper Source had this cute paper and matching tea towel. 
 I just feel in love with the canning jar theme!
Bought both!

 This started out as a junked jewelry box from GW.  
I pulled out all the fake velvet from the inside and oriental fabric padded panels from the lid tops. 
I spray painted it with flat black and then distressed it a little.
I have had it prepped for a while, just didn't know what I was going to do with it!
 I have lined some of the box with the canning jar paper.
It is now a stamp box for my fruit and veggie stamps!




 The little bottom drawer holds an ink pad, tags, scissors, a pen, and the newest stamp in my collection. Which I also got at Paper Source!
I don't can things...
I don't grow things...
But I sure would like to make tags for those jars if I did!

Link Parties:
Sew Darn Crafty
funky junk interiors

1 comment:

  1. Cute cute cute!!! I just love it`~~ You really scored at the GW to find this piece!!!!

    ReplyDelete